Saturday, January 14, 2006

Back from Mississippi

So... after seeing the devastated areas of the Mississippi gulf coast in Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Waveland, and Pearlington, I can officially say, never live by water. I went with 31 fellow UofM students, including my fine piece of carrie, to try and make the very first step to rebuilding the coast. Unfortunately, that first step involves ripping the house down till only its stud frame remains. Needless to say, I broke lots of shit. After 6 days, our group was able to close 5 work orders and go on a special trip to Pearlingon to help set up a camp for future volunteers. Now for the "highlights"
*watching 16 MD students come into a church drunk and piss off a bunch of lutherans and a group of devoutly religious Minnesotans
*taking a coach bus to a bar to watch maryland get crushed by duke but being able to drink red stripe and miller lite without an id
*having a nightmare that took up 30 minutes of my life but being told I was only asleep for2 minutes before I woke up and exclaimed I just had a long ass creepy dream
*finding out that carrie is a much harder worker than I am
*finding out that if it involves a pickaxe, a crowbar, or a midget; I'm all over it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home