Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Semester, New Fake Goals

I always like to look at the start of a new semester as chance to find a whole new way to fail. I'm not really sure what that way might be yet but I am guessing it is going to rhyme with "Shmard Licker."

A quick universal anecdote.

You get on the elevator with several other people and just as the doors close, you realize you need to fart. You wait patiently as the elevator stops seemingly on every possible floor and then finally the last person gets off. . . doors close . . . and then booyah, sweet relaxation. Seconds later you arrive on your floor only to realize that there is a megacrowd waiting to get on. There is only one way to deal with this potentially awkward situation. Start panting heavily and claim that the elevator isn't safe.

Why tell this story that you all have experienced, and if you're like Stephen, repeatedly experienced. Because I think God put us on this earth to have little victories like this. Whether it is letting go of some gas or making some fatties take the stairs, I always give my props to Jesus.

My "fake" project this semester which is to completed by March 2013, will be a wedding video for Dave and Lauren. I will have some decisions to make so hopefully I will make those public via blog-town.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve L said...

I didn't get the rhyming thing (Hard Sticker?), but you're right on the money with the elevator discussion. I take elevators a lot, and I fart a lot, so sheer probability compels me to get into that "schrodinger's lift" kind of situation (it's impossible to know whether I farted without entering the elevator, but would I have farted if you hadn't gotten on?) on a pretty regular basis. I've never used the unsafe elevator ploy to avoid embarrassment, though undoubtedly there's a long list of people that wishes I had.

6:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home